MoJo's BBQ Grill & Tavern

 

This hip barbeque spot on Portsmouth's West End is an all-time favorite of mine. For takeout, I had their legendary gumbies, ribs, corn bread (pictured) mashed potatoes and coleslaw (not pictured).

The legendary gumbies truly were legendary. A house favorite since 1991, they are thin yet crispy chicken strips served with celery and ranch or blue cheese. They are tossed in your choice of sauce, and the sauces taste absolutely incredible. 


Legendary gumbies - so tasty!



The ribs were splendid as well. Admittedly, it can be hard to think of descriptive words for food. Especially when it's so good that you're more focused on eating than blogging. I enjoyed it so much I barely thought of a description, so I'm just going to say this: these are the best ribs I've ever had, and I would highly recommend them.




The cornbread was just right and paired nicely with the ribs and gumbies. 


 If you're in Portsmouth New Hampshire, definitely check out MoJo's BBQ Grill & Tavern! While I had takeout, the in-person atmosphere is lively and makes for a very pleasant visiting experience. 



Comments

Popular Posts